Tomahawk Cooking Instructions:
Be sure to have a reliable meat thermometer!
REVERSE SEAR on GRILL
1. Allow Tomahawk to come to room temperature on counter for about 1 hour before cooking.
3.Pre-heat your grill or smoker to 225°F.
3. Season the Tomahawk liberally on both sides. Press seasoning into meat.
4. Place steak on grill with indirect heat; cook until reaching internal temperature of 100-110°F. This should take 30-50 minutes. Once reaching this temperature, remove the steak from the grill.
5. Increase grill to high (450-500°F).
6. Place steak back on heated grill over direct heat for approx. 3-5 minutes per side allowing for nice grill marks.
7. Check internal temperature for final preferred cooking.
Rare: 120° F
Medium-Rare: 128-130 ° F
Medium: 135-140° F **please note if you want a more medium steak, cook on the indirect heat closer to 115°-125° before removing and then finishing on a high heat**
8. Remove from heat and place on a rack to rest for 5-10 minutes before carving. Keep in mind that the temperature will raise 5 degrees while resting.
**Consuming Raw or Undercooked Food Can Be Hazardous to Your Health**